Crimsafe Technical Specification
For the purpose of specifying Crimsafe security screens in a tender document the following wording is recommended;
"Security Screens - Crimsafe 0.9mm diameter, high tensile 304 grade, woven stainless steel security mesh, screw clamped at 125mm spacings into aluminum security screen / door frame"
304 grade high tensile stainless steel, 0.9mm wire diameter, 800 + 40 Mpa.
Plain weave, 10 Count Mesh ie: 10 strands on the weft x 10 strands on the warp, per square inch / 25.4mm of mesh.
Woven to Standards ISO 9044/ ASTM E2016:06.
The Crimsafe mesh has apertures on average of 1.5mm x 1.5mm.
The open area of the Crimsafe woven mesh is 41.6%.
Extruded aluminum alloy 6063-T6.
Crimsafe patented, tamper resistant, perimeter screw clamp system, securing the mesh in the frame with patented security head screws, spaced every 125mm penetrating through the clamp, the mesh and into the screen frame.
All doors and screens to be fitted as per AS5040 using Crimsafe patented security head, tamper resistant installation screws.
Mesh - Dulux high durability powder coat
Extrusion - Dulux Duralloy powder coat
Powder coat application as per AS4506: 2005 Metal Finishing for thermoset powder coatings.
All Crimsafe products have been tested to and pass the requirements of AS5039 as prescribed in AS5041 Methods of Test - Secuirty screen doors & window grilles:
- Dynamic Impact Test
- Jemmy Test
- Pull Test
- Knife Shear Test
- Shear Test
- Probe Test
- External Testing to relevant Industry & Architectural Standards:
- Curtain University Category 3 Cyclone Missile Test
- BHP Category 4 Cyclone Missile Test (Commercial grade)
- BHP Category 4 CycloneBallistics Test (Commercial grade)
- Dulux & Chemetall 1000-hour Salt Spray Test
- CSIRO Pressure Drop / Air Flow Test
- CSIRO Fire Attenuation Test FSZ - 0688
- Solar Heat Gain Coefficent Test NFRC 201-2004
- Shading Protocol Thermal Performance Test NFRC 102 - 2004